Grand Old Cotacachi Colonial for Sale
A rare opportunity is available in Cotacachi for the right person to own and restore or renovate an important
historical building. Located on the main square of the
town’s center, adjacent to the cathedral, is a valuable corner
lot and two-story building worth preserving.
According to local laws, the
façade of the building must be preserved because of its
historical significance. It is between 90-100 years old,
according to the owners, who grew up in the house.
Their family was sympathetic to liberal
politicians at the beginning of the last century and often hid them in a secret room at the top of the stairwell.
The walls and ceilings are intricately
decorated in patterned, hand-painted designs. The exterior eaves also
show exquisite attention to detail with a faux finish and patterning
that is still visible today.
Balconies are beautifully wrought in
metal and doors retain some of their original latches.
Half of the huge lot is an open
courtyard with a large tree, perfect
for a restaurant’s gracious outdoor dining area.
It’s complete with an adobe stove, or horno, for wood-fired
pizzas and homemade breads.
The interior of the building features a
large antique stone fountain and patio imbedded with cow bones in the
style of the period.
The large rooms upstairs would be
perfect for a B&B, for public offices or shops. Downstairs
rooms, too, would lend themselves to businesses such as a bookstore,
art gallery or other fine shop.
Because of roof/water damage, this
building will require renovation to preserve it’s second floor,
but the rewards of ownership and gratitude of future generations makes
it a project well worth considering.
Whether for business or philanthropic
use, this building is a part of Cotacachi’s past that needs to be
preserved. Contact Gary or Linda for further information about
preservation, renovation or new construction costs. Price
greatly reduced from $260,000 to $180,000.
Contact Gary Phillips, the listing
agent, or one of our other agents at www.Pro-Ecuador.com for more
information. We can arrange an appointment for a showing
of this property.
Gary’s contact information:
Email address – firstname.lastname@example.org
USA phone – 1-218-206-1115
Ecuador phones – (593) 8 264 4469 (cell) and (593) 6 291 5647
If you call from Ecuador- Phone: 08 264 4469 (cell) and 06 291 5647
- Pro-Ecuador's Latest Updates
- This page allows you to browse recently added insider information, new website articles, newsletter mailings, and important updates.
- Living in Ecuador Blog
- We share our daily Ecuador Experience as well as answer your questions about Living in Ecuador. Read answers to questions from Pro-Ecuador readers.
- Create a Website Business Like Pro-Ecuador with SBI
- Create a website business like Pro-Ecuador.com using SBI, work at home in Ecuador, get high Alexis rankings, top .05%, expert help.
- Living in Ecuador | The Story Behind Pro-Ecuador.com
- Details of living in Ecuador, how we got here, background information and the history of Pro-Ecuador.com. We want to inspire you to make the move to Ecuador and also make your dreams come true by living the good life here.
- Living in Ecuador | About Pro-Ecuador Staff Bios
- Pro-Ecuador.com, created by Linda McFarlin and Gary Phillips, is all about how to enjoy living in Ecuador, read their bios
- Site Map for Pro-Ecuador.com
- Browse a site-map of all the pages on Pro-Ecuador.com
- Living in Ecuador
- Living in Ecuador: Insider's Tips. Make your Ecuador move problem free with travel facts, living advice. Learn about Ecuador culture from U.S. Expats.
- Life in Ecuador
- Life in Ecuador: Personal accounts of obstacles and triumphs encountered while living in Ecuador
- Moving to Ecuador: An Idea Whose Time has Come
- Moving to Ecuador and living in Ecuador may be the very best choice you can make right now. Important information on Ecuador that you need is right here.
- Moving to Ecuador: FAQs
- FAQs about moving to Ecuador, Ecuador food, visas, buying a car, Ecuador culture
- Retirement in Ecuador
- Retirement in Ecuador, a hot-spot for retirees and expats wanting the good life without the financial stress. Residency is relatively inexpensive and easy to obtain, public transportation is cheap and readily available, the food is good and so is the weather.
- Healthy Living in Ecuador: A Country Where It's Hard Not to Be Healthy
- Healthy Living in Ecuador, a country where good health is the norm, not the exception
- Dentistry in Ecuador
- Consider dentistry in Ecuador if a trip to the dentist is too expensive in your home country. Here's why dental work in Ecuador is well worth it: inexpensive, easy to arrange, qualified dentists, state-of-the-art equipment.
- Ethnobotanical Garden in Cotacachi Demonstrates Ecuador Biodiversity
- The Cotacachi Ethnobotanical Garden demonstrates the incredible biodiversity of Ecuador plants, a legacy from the indigenous.
- Health Insurance in Ecuador
- Health Insurance cost is a key factor for many people moving to Ecuador. Two health insurance policy reviews.
- Real Estate in Ecuador is Hot
- Prices are low and values are high for real estate in Ecuador. InternationaExpats and investors can build a foundation of wealth and create a wonderful life in this diverse country where the retirement dollar goes a long way. Tips for investing wisely.
- Cotacachi Real Estate: Properties for Sale in Cotacachi
- Cotacachi real estate offers surprising values in an area of tranquility and peace. Low cost of living a plus.
- Real estate listings in Ecuador
- Online real estate listings of properties in Ecuador
- Condos in Ecuador Primavera II
- Primavera II Condos in Ecuador offer a wonderful bargain for the full-time resident or the part-time vacationer. Cotacachi condominiums offer great value.
- Vacation and long term rentals listings in Ecuador
- Long term and vacation rental listings in Cotacachi, Ecuador
- Cotacachi Hotels, Hostels and Retreats, Cotacachi, Ecuador
- Cotacachi hotels, hostels and retreats are plentiful, with a variety of prices, locations and amenities, from clean and economical to the most elegant settings you can imagine.
- Ecuador Real Estate Buying Process
- Ecuador Real Estate Buying Process is much easier than most Latin American countries
- Places in Ecuador
- Places in Ecuador: Ecuador beaches, cities and towns offer diverse architecture, interests, culture, cuisine, landscapes, wildlife and climates.
- Cotacachi: A Pastoral Ecuador Village
- Cotacachi is a pastoral Ecuador village that entices newcomers with its green valleys, indigenous culture and colonial charm.
- Galapagos Islands: Rare Ecological Paradise
- Galapagos Islands: Rare ecological paradise at risk from environmental and economic threats
- Ibarra, the White City
- Ibarra, the White City, is a colonial city in Ecuador about 3 hours north of Quito
- Ecuador Beaches: Pedernales to Manta
- Ecuador Beaches from Pedernales to Manta are stunning, the water and weather is warm, many beach areas are neither well developed nor heavily populated. New roads have opened beaches to tourism and development; earthquakes have caused extensive damage to the coast.
- Hidden Places in Ecuador
- Where to find those hidden places in Ecuador, those secret places that the locals keep to themselves, secret beaches, jungle hideaways, rare birds, orchids, wildlife.
- Ecuador Facts
- Ecuador facts, helpful basic information about Ecuador including currency of Ecuador, ethnicity, language, government
- Spanish Phrases and Spanish Words
- Spanish phrases, Spanish words and Spanish sayings are easy to learn and make navigating Ecuador so much more enjoyable.
- Learn Spanish In Ecuador
- Learn Spanish In Ecuador shows how anyone can learn Spanish just by living in Ecuador.
- Pictures of Ecuador
- A tour of Ecuador via pictures of Ecuador. Pictures and descriptions that tell a story
- Ecuador Economy
- Ecuador Economy explained in plain language and compared to the United States
- Ecuador Culture: Fun, Fanciful and Sometimes Unfathomable
- Ecuador culture: parades, festivals, religious observances, trompo, paseo de chagra, Olga Fisch museum
- Ecuador Food
- Ecuador food traditionally is a meal of corn, beans, rice, potatoes with a bit of salad and cold vegetables, meat and soup. But the influx of expats has brought a wider variety of excellent restaurants.
- Responsible Global Citizen
- How to be a Responsible global citizen and top 7 tips for global living. Are you an ugly American? Read this article to discover ways to act more responsibly when traveling outside your home country.
- Ecuador E-Books
- our Ecuador e-books enrich, educate and enliven your Ecuador experience, retirement in Ecuador, moving to Ecuador
- Living in Ecuador: Books to Enhance Your Ecuador Experience
- Living in Ecuador: Books to enhance your Ecuador experience, gardening books, adobe building, community building, spirituality
- Ecuador Videos and Movies
- You'll find Ecuador videos, articles and short films about Cotacachi and Ecuador
- Contact Us Here
- Contact Pro-Ecuador by submitting your contact information to our contact us page